1. The Good: I approved the proof for my new book. Two weeks until you can buy it!
2. The Bad: Right after I approved it, Jim pointed out a mistake. A stupid mistake. I read it 8 times, and didn't catch it, so maybe no one else will. Can't change it now. This is what I get for not spending $2000 to get it professionally edited.
3. The Good: We leave for Las Vegas on Friday
4. The Bad: There's a front coming through over the weekend, making it cold and rainy there. Even calling for snow next week. SNOW in VEGAS!
5. The Good: We have a free car rental, and we were going to drive to Death Valley to see the moving rocks on Racetrack Playa
6. The Bad: Said front is also causing rain in Death Valley. It seldom rains in Death Valley, but it's raining this weekend when we wanted to go. Rain = bad roads and no seeing the moving rocks (can't walk through the mud and leave our footprints.)
7. The Good: It's supposed to be nice in Valley of Fire State Park on Sunday, so we'll probably go there instead.
8. The Bad: I would rather go to Bryce Canyon, but said front will bring snow there. And rain to Zion National Park. Damn you weather!
9. The Good: I broke down and vacuumed the downstairs - it was awfully dirty!
10. The Bad: The upstairs still needs to be done. I'm making that Jim's job.
11. The Good: I have a job, when a lot of people don't.
12. The Bad: Right before, and right after a vacation, things always get more stupid and more idiotic. (Can you say re-org? Again?) PS: Never have an idea at work. They think they want you to have an idea, but they really don't.
13. The Good: Did I mention we're going to VEGAS? :) Always good to end on a good.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants