1. Sore throats. I hate sore throats. If there's one symptom that knocks me on my ass, it's a sore throat.
2. Watery eyes. I'm not crying, really.
3. Coughing draws way too much attention to myself.
4. We're going to Jim's parents house this weekend for our Christmas visit. Great impression, coughing all over your boyfriend's parents.
5. I hope the germs go away by next week, because we go to Vegas. Cold coughing plus breathing in cigarette smoke equals lungs falling out.
6. Lysol. I hate the smell of it, but I have to Lysol everything so we don't keep sharing the germ wealth.
7. Lack of smoochies. It was the smoochies that got me sick in the first place, as Jim was sick last week. I keep trying to tell him to take back the germs, but for some reason he won't do it.
8. Colds always get worse at night. Which is stupid. Because you need to sleep to get better, but you can't sleep because you feel like crap. What's up with that?
9. I always get the worst symptoms. Jim was just stuffy and sneezy. I've added coughy, drooly, headachy, achy, chilly and grumpy to the list.
10. Cold medicine is REALLY expensive these days.
11. Cold medicine also makes me feel loopy and sick to my stomach.
12. Chicken noodle soup. I have bad associations here - chicken noodle soup is what I ate when I was sick as a kid, so I don't like it. But I drink it, because it's magic.
13. I can't work out when I'm sick - wait, was that a bad thing?
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants