- If you were to buy someone a partridge in a pear tree this year, it would cost you $144.99. That's up from the low price in the 1990s when it was only $27.89. I blame it on oil costs. ;)
- Turtle Doves are a bargain this year! At their 22-year low of $40. Of course, if you buy two of them, it's $80. (see, I can do math!)
- However, French Hens are pricier this year. $45 buckaroos a piece. Maybe it's because they're imported.
- Calling birds would be incredibly annoying, especially at $479.96!
- Gold is cheaper this year. You guys can go buy me a gold ring. Heck. Buy FIVE of them, as they're not far from their 22-year low price of $250.
- The geese that are laying jumped in price starting in 2003, and now they'll run you $300! Geese are annoying, too. They poop on everything. And they're mean little buggers, too, all hissing at you.
- Swans a' swimming were on a downward spiral, but have gained in the past few years. The highest cost in recent years was $7000!
- The maids a' milking apparently want bigger tips, because they're trading at their high of $40 each. I don't want to know what they're milking, or where you put the money.
- And the dancing ladies (I'm not going to ask what kind of dancing) will cost you $4759.19.
- At first, on the PNC Website, I thought that the lords were leaping without any pants, which is why they would be at their 22-year high price of $4160.25. But that was just my wishful thinking and some bad graphics.
- The pipers piping must be smoking crack pipes, because they're going for their "high" of $2124.
- Did you like the movie "Drumline"? Because maybe you'll be the one to fork over $2301 to buy a drummer drumming.
- If you buy all the twelve days of Christmas items, in their appropriate amounts (ie: 8 maids of milking) you will spend $75,122. Can I be on YOUR Christmas list?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,