Thursday, March 02, 2006

Today Is TV Thursday!!! Lost, Amazing Race and More!

I've decided that, until re-runs start, Thursday is going to be TV Thursday. I got the idea from another post having "Everybody Comment Monday." Same thing, except we're going to discuss television. (I'm a dictator that way.) What shows do you TiVo? (The best invention ever by the way.) What shows do you wish they would remove from the tele-sphere forever?

One of my personal favorites (I don't expect you to share without divulging a little info myself) is LOST. The best part? The LOST logo coming in all blurry in the beginning with the freaky music playing behind it - gets me every time. The second best part? Sawyer. I love that guy! This is the first show since BUFFY went off the air that I will go out of my way to watch. Though I don't pause the TiVo to see what images were in the black cloud, or what the symbols were when the numbers ran down to zero. I'll let the other people with no life post on the message boards and fill me in, and I'll read the posts on televisionwithoutpity.com to get the subtle hints I missed. I can't wait until they write about the new hatch from this week's ep. How many hatches are on this island, anyway?

Another favorite - minus the horrendous "family" version that annoyed me weekly - is Amazing Race. The new season started on Tuesday, and it's back to it's old format (thank goodness.) Brazil was the first stop, and I already know which teams I'm going to root for. (The two hot guys, cause they're hot, and the two hippy guys, cause they're funny hippy people.) I like to read the posts about them on TVWOP as well. Want to know what Phil thinks about the race? I know I do!

Honorable mentions go to Battlestar Galactica, Gilmore Girls (I need a weekly dose of cheese) and Lisa Loeb's new reality show, #1 Single.

Now, it's your turn. Comment, people! Dharma will send the Others after you if you don't. Don't say I didn't warn you. :) (Pics from ABC and CBS respectively)

Tags: , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I LOVE TiVo. But mine is currently full of kid shows. ;p

I have very little time to watch TV so I'm not up on the hot shows, but I'm an "American Idol" addict. I also TiVo "What Not To Wear" ... seriously, do people own mirrors? and do they use them???

Scooter McGavin said...

I'm not cool enough to have a Tivo.

WendyWings said...

Greetings from Phils native land.