Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The #traveltuesday #Twitter #Travel phenomenon

Are you on Twitter? If not, maybe you should consider tackling the stream of consciousness, if only for a meme called #TravelTuesday.

Okay, first, what's a meme? It's kind of a little game. It's a way of spreading cultural information using the Internet - you share something about you, I share something about me, and we find common ground!

Second, why do I keep using the number sign (#) as I type this? Well, on Twitter, that number sign is called a hashtag - consider it something of a search term. It's a convenient way to follow what is being said about a certain conversation. For example, if you do a search on Twitter for "#TravelTuesday" (minus the quotation marks) you'll be able to see what everyone in the world on Twitter is posting about that subject.

Since I love to travel, and I love to learn from other travelers, I find #TravelTuesday on Twitter to be loads of fun. People post photos, tips, places for me to explore.

It's brought to us by a site called Where I've Been, and you can see the full description of how #TravelTuesday works at http://traveltuesday.org/.

1 comment:

Haris said...

Hey, I read your blog. It's very helpful for me and such a very unique blog thanks for sharing it with us. If you want the best law dissertation Writers then visit our site with a 7O% discount. I expect you will be satisfied with our service.