Man, I've been a busy little bee recently. Yeah, I know I've been a big blog slacker, at least here on Gone To Plaid anyway. I've been trying to market the heck out of my new book The List. I just posted an excerpt from the book, btw, so check it out.
I didn't mean to ignore my travel blogging. Mostly, there wasn't anything exciting to blog about, but now there is!
We've just booked our next trip, to a place I never thought I'd want to go but now that I've researched it I'm stoked about going!
Where am I going?
Well, let's play a little blog game. Why don't you GUESS where I'm going, and then I'll tell you all about it in the next post?
13 Hints as to Where I'm traveling next:
1. Matt Lauer has been here
2. Wind is a big energy source here
3. It's a sailor's town
4. It's run by a monarchy, sort of
5. English is spoken, but it's a second language
6. One of the earliest "stock exchanges" was started here
7. Mind-alteration is openly accepted
8. Sex sells
9. A good way to see the city is by boat
10. I'll be sightseeing by bike as well
11. There's a flower garden here that gets more visitors between late March and May - 800,000 - than it gets all year.
12. I'll get to see Van Gogh's "Sunflowers"
13. Their shoes can NOT be comfortable!
Home of the new Thursday 13