2. A comparison of a traditional hotel stay verses a cruise vacation comes down on the side of a cruise vacation every time. For instance, a Caribbean hotel/air stay is around $372 a day, and the cruise is $365.
3. You could cruise for free if you're the leader of a group or club. Book 15 people, and the leader can go for free. Some ships have fewer restrictions.
4. I have a new cruise group on Facebook, called Cruise Fun and Deals. It's open to anyone on crackbook, so sign up. :)
5. Travel Industry Association (TIA) and the Air Transport Association (ATA) both urged Congress and the Bush administration to take action to shore up the credit markets, which provide much-needed support to travel businesses at every level. *My comment, no s*** Sherlock.
6. If you want to go on a cruise in high season, for example, the Caribbean in the spring, booking 6 months in advance is not a bad idea.
7. The much-heralded Celebrity Solstice set sail this week, on September 29. You can read more about it here.
8. October 19-October 25 is World Explorer Week. There are going to be some great cruise offers during this week. Check back here for more information.
9. The Disney Magic went into dry dock, and came out with some enhancements.
10. On September 27, the Queen Mary 2 completed its 100th transatlantic crossing. When she arrived in New York, she had logged 711,288 nautical miles since her debut. Other stats include: More than 229,000 guests crossing the North Atlantic,, 450 pets crossing the North Atlantic, 97,000 pounds of lobster served and enough tea served to fill nearly five Olympic-sized swimming pools
11. If you happen to have 108 vacation days in 2010, you can set sail on a world cruise with Crystal Cruises.
12. The Miami Herald has a good story on which cruises are best if you have teenagers.
13. As always, I encourage you to visit our cruise site, Expedia CruiseShipCenters Website (and enter to win a cruise.)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Link Love: Put your name here if you've got a Thursday 13 for me to visit.