- Staying in a Castle. It was a rebuilt castle, but it was cool none-the-less. There was a knight in armor just outside our door.
- Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road. It kept you alert. ;) We got a few honks before we got used to it.
- Driving Through a Big Pile o' Cow Poop. Here's the story. Friend Irish and I had met a cute boy. We offered him a ride to the Cliffs of Moher. We got lost. We passed a cow. Then, in cartoon-like fashion with a big tttthhhhhhhppppppt-plop! sound, we ran through what the cow had left us. We laughed hysterically. Boy was not amused. We got to the cliffs. No more boy. Ha ha.
- The Cliffs of Moher. Beatiful views - but hold onto your hat!
- Buying a Real Claddaugh Ring. In Galway. It's modern but traditional. It's really cool. But I seldom wear it. I'll have to get it out again.
- Saying a Limerick While Driving Through Limerick. There once was a girl and her friend, who went to Ireland. We flew on Aer Lingus, cuz they said they'd bring us, and we had lots of craic (fun) 'til the end!
- Having Craic. The Gaelic word for fun.
- Kissing the Blarney Stone. Though I think it made me catch the Irish croup the next day. But it was fun paying some stranger to hold your feet while you bend backwards into space to kiss the stone. Looking back on it, I'm a bit crazy.
- The Dingle Penninsula. It was sunny and slightly warm (compared to the rest of Ireland) and GREEN!
- Kinsale. A little port town in southern Ireland. I had some good shepard's pie there.
- The Burren. It's basically flat land with a lot of rocks. But it's picturesque.
- Dublin. Ok, I wasn't that hyped about Dublin. It was rainy, I was sick, it was smoky. But I hear that smoking in public places is outlawed now (when will Virginia catch up?) so I'm sure it'll be great.
- The Wonderful Irish People. They were wonderful to us.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Click on the Mister Linky to add the link to your 13 so I can come by and read it!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,