- I 'm anti-Valentine's Day. I'm glad it's over
- It's a Hallmark holiday. Shouldn't you be romantic with your sweetie all the time?
- It's degrading. Because the rest of the world is boarding the ark two-by-two, I am seen by the marketing community as somehow less of a person for having not found my guy yet.
- Belive it or not. I had an ex break up with me on Valentine's Day, with a Valentine's Day card. Really.
- People shorten it to VD. Which stands for something else not Valentine-y.
- It's also Singles Appreciation Day.
- Chocolate is a standard gift. Nothing says "I love you" like making your significant other fat.
- It snowed and iced a lot. And for some reason I find it incredibly satisfying that the flower delivery people couldn't get out to deliver over-priced roses.
- My mom sent me a card. Which is sweet. She also cries every time she watches Charlie Brown not get a Valentine's card from the little red-haired girl.
- My single friends and I wear all black on Valentine's Day. It's a form of protest. :)
- Remember grade school? They made us give valentines to EVERYONE in class, even the smelly boy. ha ha.
- One of these days. I'm going to have a Valentine
- And I will love him and squeeze him . . . and not be so bitter anymore. ;)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,