Whew! It's over. I got an offer on my home yesterday. Scratch that. TWO offers. I knew about the first one, and it wasn't so great. The second one was a FULL PRICE offer. Wow! I signed all the paperwork last night through a raging migraine, and so now I don't have to keep my house in "show" condition.
I feel really bad for the girl with the first offer though. Her realtor wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch, and she had her family advising her - telling her the market was terrible and she could essentially make a low-ball offer and get the place. I was on the market for 5 days, and had 2 offers. I could've countered to her to see if she could match the second offer, but there's a condition on the second offer that meant time was of the essence, and I just couldn't wait.
The condition is that we close my house on March 5. Which means I have to close on my house in Richmond on March 2. That's 3 weeks people! Argh!
So, if my blogging suffers, I apologize. I've got to get mover estimates, get boxes, start packing, start ordering appliances, transferring services, arranging deliveries and painters, etc. I'm tired just thinking of it.
But the good news is that I'm done with the selling, and I've got a full-price offer. Yea!