- A 4-day weekend! Woo hoo!
- Time spent with Mom and Dad
- Mom's turkey dinner.
- Mom's dressing balls. I only get 'em once per year, cuz they're hard to make. But the are sooooooo good. (to answer everyone's questions, instead of dressing stuffed in the turkey, or baked in a pan, my mom mixes up the ingredients and shapes it into ball shapes. I much prefer this method to regular dressing.)
- Napping on the couch after Mom's turkey dinner with dressing balls.
- Shopping the day after Thanksgiving, though in my home town, there's not much shopping to be done.
- Putting the Christmas tree up on the Sunday afternoon that I return home.
- Getting to see my Grandmom.
- Did I mention the dressing balls?
- And the sweet stuff. I'm not big on pumpkin pie (it's ok, I'd just rather have my calories elsewhere), but there will be other choices. :)
- Watching the football game where UVA plays our most hated rival - Va Tech - with my dad. Down with turkeys! (Tech's mascot is a castrated turkey, but Tech people will swear it's not. Look up "Hokie" and you decide)
- Christmas music starts playing on the radio. Christmas decorations go up. It's official after Thanksgiving. (But shouldn't be up BEFORE!)
- I usually enjoy the fact that I'm done with my Christmas shopping, because you wouldn't catch me within 10 miles of Tyson's Corner mall after Thanksgiving. It's a nuthouse!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,