Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Are We There Yet?

I sure have some smart blog readers! Yesterday's Travel Tuesday was indeed the Rialto Bridge in Venice, Italy, and yes, I was indeed in a gondola passing underneath it when I took the photo. We weren't going to take a gondola ride, because it was expensive - and while I love Irish, I don't love her like THAT! (It's definitely something I want to do again with my future love). BUT since our luggage went missing and we had bad plane hair for 2 days, we decided to treat ourselves. It was one of the best experiences!

The funny thing is, I have a photo of the two of us in a gondola ride in the Venetian hotel in Las Vegas. Me and Irish LOVE gondolas but NOT each other. Ha.

T-minus one day and counting. I have VEGAS TOES and they are purrrtiful! I also have ragweed allergies (which the desert air should take care of) and sore muscles (which a massage at T.I. will take care of). I'll post pictures when I return.

9 comments:

Anthony said...

Vegas sounds like fun! Especially since it's going to rain here until next Wednesday - and probably in VA, too.

Have a great time. I would advise you to visit the Motown Cafe (in NY, NY) but I'm told it's not there anymore. The last time I was in Vegas, they were in the middle of building the Eiffel Tower - 1998!

I gotta go back - and I need a gondola ride! ;)

Zeus said...

Strangely enough, my human pet and Kukka-Maria's agent have been planning a Las Vegas trip to happen sometime in the distant future. You should teach them your tricks of the trade: where to go, what to eat, what to see, etc. I'm sure they'd love to know everything because they're both Virgos, and you know how Virgos are: completely analytical!

Mama Duck said...

Oooo, that's right! Have a wonderful time!!

Jim McKee said...

I am SO jealous! I have been to Italy 8 to 10 times, but have never been to Venice.

Renee Nefe said...

Well I don't have to tell you to have fun, because I know that you will. Pack some good comfortable shoes...I thought that my "Earth Shoes" would be good for the trip and they ate up my feet!
I really liked the Titanic exhibit at the Tropicana...the staircase recreation is amazing!
And if you like it, Carl "Safe-Sax" Ferris' playing outside the Golden Nugget on Fremont Street is really good. DH almost bought the CDs and is now kicking himself for not doing it...so I'm gonna order them for him for Christmas. :D
We never did the pool, but I did do an Aquamassage.

Anonymous said...

Cat wait! Love that city.
Thanks for the visit to my W W this week. I'm anxiously awaiting your return so you can tell us allllllll about the trip.

Win big so y'all can come to TX for a visit!!

Shannon said...

I just hope you get out of DC before Ernesto takes up residence.

Show us the toesies!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Can't wait to see the pics :-)

Heather said...

I hope you are having an amazing time!!! And making all sorts of goofy noises with cheesecake ;P