Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back to basics

So I find myself with a blog that hasn't been updated in almost a year. Sigh.

Working full-time in social media means when I sign off from the day job, I don't have a lot of energy to handle my personal social media endeavors. This has to change, one, because I enjoy writing about travel and I miss my blogging relationships and two, because I got laid off and now have time to do it. :)

Regardless, even when I land my next absolutely super job (I just applied for a social media job at American Airlines - would that rock out or what?) I've come to realize that in this dog-eat-dog world, the person you should be the most concerned about is yourself. Jobs come and go (and go, and go, thanks to the brilliant economic minds running this country) but you always have to take care of yourself.

So now I'm back (from outer space) and ready to blog to my little heart's content. Hopefully, I'll get some readers back and make new friends.

4 comments:

Janet said...

welcome back, Carment! I was surprised to see Gone to Plaid in my reader and remembered the day I saw the MA license plate with your blog name! Good luck on the job hunt, I know you'll do well :-)

Janet said...

er...Carmen LMAO! Carmint would've even been funnier!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Hey!! Welcome back to the blogosphere! We've missed you out here.
LBC

Carmen said...

Thanks folks, glad to be back. :)