Monday, March 08, 2010

A year?! It's been a year?

Wow, it's been a year since my last post on this blog. I guess now I've got to work at getting all my readers back - is anyone still there?

The blog has also been broken for a while. Thanks to Heather, of Goofy Girl fame, I think she fixed me up so that the background image shows again. Yay!

So . . .

What's new in the world of travel and Carmen? Well, I recently booked my 8th trip to VEGAS! We will be rockin' it out at the Bellagio this time, since we like the central Strip location. We'll be revisiting some favorites - the Paris breakfast buffet, Freemont Street, etc. We're also looking forward to seeing the brand-spankin' new City Center, getting some shopping done (window shopping only) and seeing why it is that nobody seems to like staying at the Aria. Everywhere we looked, it got bad reviews. What's up with that?

We will be taking a side trip to Zion National Park as well. We'll rent a car and make a day of it. The Internets tells us that it'll be a 2.5 hour drive - we'll see. But, it's supposed to be beautiful, and I can mark Utah off of my states-visited list.

Sorry for the long time between posts. I got busy with the book and all of my other endeavors, and just got lazy with this blog. I'll try to write more.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Welcome back :-) As usual, Heather did a fantastic job! Have fun in Vegas!

Runny Babbit said...

i'm here too! yet quite sporadically, i must admit. :) hooray for vegas!!! bring on the crepes!!

Norma said...

I haven't visited in years, so I didn't know you were gone! Welcome back.