The weather in Vegas was sunny and dry, unlike here in Virginia, where I think the May flowers will be very happy with the April showers.
This being my fifth trip to Las Vegas, I feel uniquely qualified to offer my own best of Vegas list.
1. Best Hotel: Mandalay Bay. More on this in a later post, but the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are great, the pool is super fun - it's awesome.
2. Best Cirque Show: Mystere. I say this because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and it's lots of fun. I've got to say, I was a little disappointed in "O" (the water show at the Bellagio, named after the French word for water). The tickets were ridiculously priced, and while entertaining, I was left wanting.
3. Best Steak: It's still Prime in the Bellagio, but the steak we had at BOA Steakhouse in Ceasar's Palace was quite yummy. BOA had their own version of A-1 sauce called J-1. It was really good.
4. Best Place to Gamble: Freemont Street. Again, I'll dedicate a whole post to this, but Freemont Street has the best minimums, the most helpful dealers and of course, the light show.
5. Best Breakfast: Many of you already know this, but Le Buffet in Paris Hotel is to die for. I had my raspberry-filled crepe with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar, with some sliced almonds. I'm drooling as I write this.
6. Best Free Show: Bellagio Fountains. Video below. Please ignore the loudmouths beside me that wouldn't shut up. I wanted to pop them. :)
And now, for the photos: Highlights of Vegas