- Our first night is in Oahu, and then 2 full days. One day will be for Pearl Harbor and the other day . . .
- For driving to Dole Plantation and North Shore. I want to see the 30-foot surfing waves! I understand it is quite a walk to the big waves. True? How far?
- I want to learn to surf. Is Oahu better or Maui? Oh, and I'd prefer to do it in a shark-free environment. No loss of limb or life here. Maybe I'll just take lessons on the land. :)
- Day 3 we arrive in Maui around 1-ish. We're staying in the Sheraton Maui. There's a raging online debate between the Sheraton and the Westin. Would you like to log a vote? I chose the Sheraton because of its proximity to Black Rock.
- I'm thinking our first afternoon/evening in Maui, we'll go into Lahaina and to the Old Lahaina Luau. I know, I know. It's touristy. But we're tourists. And my mom wants to go.
- Our second day in Maui, I'm planning to go whale watching (January is whale season) with the Pacific Whale Watching Foundation. Are they good? Anybody use them? Other recommendations?
- The next day is also my BIRTHDAY! I'm hoping to eat dinner at a place called Kimos in Lahaina. I want a good steak. I can't eat seafood, and not a big fish fan.
- That day I thought we'd go snorkeling. Well, I'LL go snorkeling. My mom didn't like it too much last time. I really really want to see the turtles. Where should I go? Any specific company? I also wanted to see stingrays, but due to recent events, I'm a bit nervous about that.
- The next day I want to get up at o'dark thirty and drive to the top of the volcano for sunrise. It's cold at the top, no? And I'd bike down, but I'd prefer to be sore-muscle-free on vacation.
- Since we'll already be up and on the road, I thought a drive on the Road to Hana might be fun. But not the whole road. Because I hate to drive.
- Of course there's beach time peppered in there every day!
- I want to see the volcanos on the Big Island, so we thought about taking a very expensive plane trip over Maui and then over the Big Island. It's a three-hour flight (not on Oceanic, by the way) and it costs about $350. It's through a company called Active Volcano Air Tours. I'd love feedback on this one.
- More restaurant suggestions on both Ohau and Maui would be appreciated. Or if I've left any crucial things out. It's only a week, so we're packing a lot in. But I want it to be relaxing, too. :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,