- Men In Black Penny Slots: Frank the dog sings "And now we're back, from outer space" and we got to play the bonus games and pick who we thought the aliens were. Oh, and to get to this bonus game, you had to hit three of the "neuralizers" (you know, the blinky things that alter your memory after you've seen an alien) in a row. Except someone didn't UAT this game, because the neuralizers looked like, well, a certain part of the male anatomy. We would yell out "Woo Hoo! The tri-peni bonus" and get strange looks.
- Star Wars Penny Slots: Who doesn't want to play a game that has a "Death Star Bonus" and has the movie playing on the machine? (Yum, young Harrison Ford). Irish always wins big money (for penny slots) when she plays. This year, it's gonna be MY year!
- "Jello" Days at the Spa: Every time we go, we get some spa treatments. The first year, we invented the term "jello'ed", as in, "I feel all jello'ed now."
- Cheesecake Factory: I don't know what they put in these cheesecake slices, but our first trip, we got some cheesecake to go, which we ate in our room. We got the giggles so bad that we were both snorting and I couldn't breathe. That's the best kind of laughing.
- Riding the Inclinator, While Buzzed, at the Luxor: You can't take an elevator up the side of a pyramid, so you take an INCLINATOR. Which is an elevator that goes kind of sideways. It's a weird ride when sober. When slightly inebriated, it's like a carnival ride.
- The "Foot Touching Incident": 80s night at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay became a yearly tradition (until last year. It seems the HOB isn't so popular anymore). My favorite time is when Irish, who doesn't like her feet touched anyway, had a guy take off her shoe and massage her foot in an effort to hit on her.
- The Food: OMG! Vegas has possibly the best food in the universe. For my birthday year 1, we ate at Prime in Bellagio. YUM! Last year (and a repeat visit this year) was Emeril's Delmonico at the Venetian. YUM YUM. A great little Italian place at the Stratosphere. Oh man, I'm hungry.
- The "Camera Drama": On our first trip to Vegas, I managed to leave my camera in a cab. I didn't care so much about the camera, but I wanted the PICTURES inside it. There much mad cab-company calling, (always get the cab company and number) but alas, no camera for me. Which set off number 9 . . .
- The "Vegas Sign Controversy": I wanted a photo of me and the Vegas sign. So we took a cab to the end of the strip, and took some photos while the cab sat with its blinkers on in the middle of the road. But then the camera was stolen. I bought a disposable camera, and we did the whole thing again that night. But when I got home, the pictures were bad (only the sign and my reflective shoes showed up). So last year we went AGAIN and I finally got some good photos. I think Irish was ready to kill me over that darn sign. :)
- Kung Pow Chicken!:There's another penny slot game which we don't know the name of, but whenever we see it, we yell Kung Pow Chicken! (It's a Chinese Menu game).
- Flavored Oxygen: It fascinates me. Everywhere in Vegas there are these oxygen bars. You get choose your "flavor" and then stick the thing in your nose (like you would in a hostpital) and inhale for a set length of time. Only in Vegas.
- Rides for Crazy People: We've ridden the roller coaster on top of the Stratosphere, which was death-defying enough (all you see is the Strip and the big drop to get there). The Stratosphere also has a see-saw ride that goes OVER THE SIDE of the hotel, Then they have some swings that go round and round, that hangs OVER THE SIDE of the hotel.
- The Wave Pool at Mandalay Bay: We've only been able to afford one night at Mandalay Bay (it was REALLY nice), but while we were there, we got to play in the wave pool. We'd body surf to the edge, "jump" the waves, etc. It was so much fun! They also have a "lazy river" where you rent an innertube (we "borrowed" one that wasn't being used) and just float around on the 2mph current. Best pool so far that we've tried. Mandalay Bay is also where all the hot men hang out. So we always spend some eye candy time there. :)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tags: Thursday Thirteen , Thursday 13, Meme,