Father's Day edition
- My dad set the bar high for what a good man is.
- He's the reason I wanted to go to the University of Virginia - we used to watch the games on tv when I was little. One weekend, when he picked me up from UVA, the football team was loading up the bus for an away game and he looked like a little kid with a big smile telling them to "have a good game."
- He used to carry me around when I was a kid in a big green blanket - until the bottom fell out.
- He picked out the ugliest outfit for me as a baby, but he did it because he thought I'd look beautiful in it. (It was one leg red, one leg blue, the opposite arm blue, the opposite leg red. It was the 70s. What can I say?)
- He makes sure I change my air filters, get my oil changed, etc.
- He taught me how to drive. He says it's how he got his grey hair. But I'm a really good driver. (I think even he'll admit it.)
- He didn't kill me when I was really sick (depressed) and backed into his car without thinking.
- He took really good care of me after I had surgery. He even got me a milkshake and a burger, which I don't remember (drugs) but he says I only ate one bite before I fell asleep.
- He worries about me.
- He thinks I'm beautiful, and I can't wait to pick out a good guy so he can walk me down the aisle. I hope I find someone who likes to play golf so they can play together and be friends.
- He always asks "how's the cat?" when we talk on the phone.
- He loves my mom so much. I know how a man should love a woman because of him.
- He loves me, unconditionally. And I love him right back!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Other 13 participants only. But everyone feel free to leave a comment, too! Comments rock!