Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm a Star!

I did it! I won the casting call over at Wendy's place. I am (ahem) sharing the award, but I'm ok with that, as they are all my new friends!

Strolls up to the stage in a STUNNING Vera Wang gown (I can dream, right?) in a gorgeous blue color that brings out my eyes. (pulls out napkin, on which, I have written an impromptu speech)


(This is my dress: do you like it?)

Wow! Wow! This is so cool! I thank you all so very much.

I have to thank WendyWings for hosting such a wonderful contest. I'll be sending her my therapy bill for audition dependence, as I'm currently going through withdrawl.

I'd like to thank Kailani for hosting the luau and posting pictures of hot men, which kept me going through the hard times. (See ya in January!)

A special "holla" goes out to Kukka-Marie and Zeus, without whom I would not have had to clean the virtual cat hair off of my gown. (Did you notice my beautiful gown?) They have inspired a Feline Peeps section on my blog.

A wave goes out to Lil Duck, and because the last three letters end in "uck" I am unable to reach her blog during working hours. I owe her much, most recently about 15 visits that I couldn't make during the auditions.

And Samantha, I hardly knew ya. You were a really late night player, and for that, I must give you the parade wave.

(music plays, people try to drag me off the stage but I resist)

And a special "holla" to last month's winner, Melli, who suggested that I audition this month, even if it was a Monday.

17 comments:

Zeus said...

Super congratulations, Carmen! I knew all along you were going to win. You're just too talented to ignore!

Janet (fondofsnape@gmail.com) said...

woohooo! and you look damn good on the star! congrats, my friend!

Melli said...

Whoooooooa! You look SMASHING! That gown really makes you look like a whole new person! ( i think the old one's cuter though! )

*sings*
Blogger Superstar
That is what you are
Comin' from afar
Reachin' for the stars...

GOOOOOOOOOD JOB!!!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Congratulations on winning! Now I can say that I know a celebrity!! Will you be making guest appearances in SC any time soon? I want to touch the hem of your dress!! Sell a story to the tabloids about you freebasing glue!! :-)

Bone said...

I don't know what casting call is, but congratulations anyway!

:-)

Minerva Jane said...

Congrats!

Dorothy said...

You Go GIRL!!!!! Woooo Hoooo!

mar said...

Congrats, yooohoooo!!!! that dress is gorgeous, wonderfully appropiate for such a festive occasion!!!

FrogLegs said...

Congrat's!!!!

Patty said...

congrat!!
It was such fun.gn

WendyWings said...

Love the dress ! I might lie and tell people my dress is a Vera Wang, it is actually an Ellen H but it is close enough lol.
Congrats once again and now we are eternally linked ( wait or is that the Mormans lol)

Pam said...

Congratulations! A well deserved win!

Valerie said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it! Love the dress, wonderful!

Anthony said...

Nice going, Carmen! Now, don't forget all the little people.

Chi said...

Congratulations, Carmen! I am happy you won. *s*

Have a great weekend!

tracifish said...

Hi, I'm on a dial-up but wanted to comment on your TT blog...and ask what is up with flavored oxygen? I want to try it sometime...

Las Vegas is a beautiful city, btw...thank you for sharing your antecdotes!

Kukka-Maria said...

So sorry for just commenting now! My weekend was a whirlwind...what with congratulatory parties in my honor and everything.

This is better than the Daytime Emmy I won for my soap opera appearance--that was, unfortunately, relegated to the cutting-room floor.

I didn't think you could win a Daytime Emmy for footage that never actually aired...but, then again, I'm The Empress!

Congrats, Carmen! You sure deserve this honor!