Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen v.2

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random Things about CARMEN

  1. I flew in the Snoopy One Metlife blimp over the old RFK Stadium. I remember being very cold.
  2. I was a cheerleader my senior year in high school, cheering the basketball team to an undefeated season and a State Championship
  3. I got to go to the White House for a Christmas party one year - pre 9-11
  4. I lived in Nashville, TN for a year trying to be a country songwriter.
  5. One time, at band camp . . . Seriously, I play the saxaphone, and I try to play the guitar when I write my songs
  6. I helped some Virginia State troopers catch speeders - from the air, while I tried not to yak from circling the same spot for a half hour.
  7. I have snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, where I was stung by a non-deadly (thank goodness) jellyfish
  8. I've ridden in a hot air balloon.
  9. I've had three photos published by picture.com in their coffee table books.
  10. I can't ever just paint a wall. It has to be textured, or striped, etc. My friends refuse to help me paint anymore.
  11. I've had articles published in USA Today - among others.
  12. When I was in LA, on a tour of the WB Lot, Martin Sheen waved at me. Well, ok, he waved at the whole tram, but he was LOOKING at me. :)
  13. I rode a roller coaster with Richard Marx and his band.
A special shout out (holla!) goes to tnchick who designed my new TT headers. You Thirteeners are so nice!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!(leave your link in comments, I'll add you here!)
  1. TN Chick who has a new, very cool, piercing. (how brave you are!)
  2. Catherine Who has a $130 trash can!
  3. Dariana Are we the same person? We have so much in common!
  4. Frog Legs who seems to really love being a mom
  5. Katherine: Someone find a genie and grant this girl some wishes!
  6. CrazedMom: Her iPod's name is Iggy! Awesome! I need to name mine.
  7. Colleen: Who's Irish through and through.
  8. D Challener Roe: Who really likes cereal and chocolate milk
  9. Stacey: She lists some cool weird facts
  10. Laura: Her blog quote is my email signature line!
  11. Mar: Another TNChick-created TT banner here. Wow!
  12. Kimmy: We share a KFC addiction
  13. Dawn: Wow, that's a long to-do list!
  14. Gabrielle: She's a September baby
  15. Elle: An interesting mix of music taste :)
  16. Denise: Why would anyone criticize her blog? It rocks!
  17. Novaks8: We need to take up a collection to get her an iPod!
  18. Sherri: She seems to have a wonderful daughter
  19. Lisa: Her blog design is the shizizzle! :) Her life, on the other hand, has been hard this week ;)
  20. Karen: She thinks I'm cool, but I think she's cool too, cuz she watches the tv show Angel!
  21. Norma: She wins the best thirteen award today so far, telling about her St. Patrick's Ball date. I won't ruin the end for you.
  22. Master Enigma: If we all end up on the Lost island, I'm sticking with him!
  23. Lazy Daisy: Anything that Master Enigma didn't have, she'd have in her purse :)
  24. Momma M: A photo essay thirteen. Very creative!
  25. Lauren: She's a 13 newbie. Welcome! I'm only on the second 13, myself.
  26. Lingerie Lady: Her daughter says the cutest things!
  27. Ladybug Crossing: We're both thankful for good weather.
  28. Chickadee: Check out her neat owl photo!
  29. Natalie: She gives you a reason to go to iTunes :)
  30. Tanya: She claims her list is a cop-out, I think it's hysterical!
  31. WendyWings: I think she's trying to say she's going to the Emmys :)
  32. Undercover Angel: She has a lot of things she wants to do, like see the Pyramids
  33. Melli: She hears a lot of student teacher excuses
  34. Novelist In Training: She has a list of "I nevers" that's pretty funny.
  35. Ficklechick: She has to find something green to wear for 6 people!
  36. Julie: She had her inbox emptied by mistake. Aaack!
  37. Matt: Stopped by, but I can't get his site to work for me. :(
  38. Lucy: The NCAA tourney has disrupted her tv watching this week :(
  39. Mandi: She has lots of pink flamingos!
  40. Killired: She just likes pink everything!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Tags: , , ,

43 comments:

catherine said...

Wow. You have a lot of impressive accomplishments and a very cool blog design

TNChick said...

Oh, that's a great list. I'm in Nashville (born here and just moved back).. I emailed you the auto link thing.

My 13 is up :)

Dariana said...

OMG we have a lot in common, I wrote and sold a couple of songs/poems actually in Nashville and once live in Knoxville.

I also have pics published by picture.com and do freelance articles for several major publications. (legal opinions)

And I love hot air balloon rides. Happy TT!

FrogLegs said...

Look at you!!! Wow-- I could never do a blimp or hot air balloon, and anything like that- I get motion sickness just from watching home video's, LOL! #4, secret dream.. *sigh* LOL! :) Thanks for stopping by My TT

Katherine said...

Very cool about the photos and articles - congrats! I've taken a hot air balloon ride to and loved it! For the auto link code, go to http://www.blenza.com/linkies/

The first line of code goes in your template's HEAD section. The directions just say "template" but put it in the head section. IF this doesn't make sense, email me and I'll email you back.

Nancy said...

I have always wanted to go in a hot air balloon.

You have done some neat stuff.

I'm UP!

colleen said...

Wow, you've been up in the air in some strange vehicles. I've only been in a helicopter. I like your blog. Thanks for coming over and keep singing!!!

d.challener roe said...

Always wanted to ride in a balloon.

My 13 is up.

stacey said...

Sounds like you've had some pretty exciting experiences! My list is up.

Laura said...

you must have made Martin's day! of course he was waving at you!
cool list!
my TT is up and I will link you
adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com

mar said...

You've done quiet a few things in your life already! I believe that part on Martin Sheen :) Love your TT banner, TNChick made mine too! My TT is up

Kimmy said...

Wow. You've really lived. I love you TT header. I don't know why, but when I visit your blog I don't see the girl with pink hair... I just see pieces of the pink hair. Hmm...

Thanks for visiting my 13!

Dawn said...

What a cool list! Wow, sounds like you have a interesting life.

Mine are up.

Gabrielle said...

thanks for being the first commenter, carmen :)

Elle said...

Your's si the second list I've seen today that talks about hot air ballooning. I just couldn't do that; it's too high up for my liking.

Thanks for visiting my TT :)

Denise said...

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

That's quite an impressive list!

Articles in USA Today? WOW!

novaks8 said...

wow, you have done a lot while I was at home wiping runny noses!
lol

Great list.

Sherri said...

I lvoe the name of your blog ...'gone to plaid'!!

Thanks for visiting mine:)

Lisa said...

Hey, that's awesome about having articles and pictures published! You've done a lot in your life (wayyyy more than me. lol).

Thanks for visiting my TT! Have a great day!

Karen said...

great list. you sound way cool, you know. I never just paint, either. always something!

Norma said...

These will all look good on your application. Especially the guitar.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.

Master Enigma said...

I love hot air balloon rides. We do a lot of that here in central Illinois.

Incredible - having articles and pictures published! well done!

My 13 is soaring away at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, you go girlfriend. I'll be your cheerleader. Impressive list...(but then I don't get out much) grin. Thanks for the drive by!

Chaotic Mom said...

You just sound FASCINATING. I'm new to your blog, may have to keep checking in every once in a while.

Yes, I'm a tired Mommy trying to find some fun inspiration. ;)

My T13 is up, too: www.chaotichome.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

You've had way more fun and adventure in your lifetime than I've had. Mine would be a short list.

I have my TT up, first time. Oh the excitement of it all.

Lingerie Lady said...

That is a lot of impressive stuff! I am just like you, I can't paint just paint - it has to something intersting to touch and see.

My Thursday Thirteen are up

LadyBugCrossing said...

Love your list!!
Thanks for dropping by!
LadyBug

Chickadee said...

Oh man! You have done some neat stuff! I'm envious that you had articles published and your photos published! And I kinda giggled about you trying help the cops catch speeders and trying not to yak. Do you fly small airplanes?

Thanks for visiting my 13.

Carmen said...

Funny, I never thought of my life as all that interesting. Boo hoo. Feel sorry for me. :) You guys make me feel like I've accomplished something.

I don't fly airplanes. I wrote for a pilot magazine for a while, and some of the other things were just for fun or for other articles I wrote.

Natsthename said...

Wow! I could have sworn Martin Sheen was waving at ME! ;)

My 13 is here.

Tanya said...

I'd be so proud if I had done all those things. I really liked number 12. And number seven I've also done (I live right by the GBR and used to be a scuba instructor) - including getting stung. A lot. No deadly jellyfish, though. Coz, well, I'm still here.....

Thanks for stopping by my 13.

WendyWings said...

Hey I finally got up and back online, time difference is a killer.
Love the header.
You have done some pretty cool stuff in your lifetime ;)

Undercover Angel said...

Cool list. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Melli said...

That is quite an impressive list! It's nice to know that you haven't been sitting around on your butt playing video games all these years! LOL! :)

Thanks for stopping by MY list!

Kimmy said...

You can get the autolink code thingy here!

Caryn said...

Carmen, you have done SO much! Wow. Country song writing, hot air ballooning, snorkeling in the Great Barrier reef, photos and writing published, partying at the White House, etc. I'm amazed...and a little jealous. :-)

Ficklechick said...

Wow! Great list! You've been busy ;)

Mine are up! Thanks for telling me my page was all wonky, I had no idea! It's fixed now, whew!

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my TT! Grat to see yours too!

Matt said...

Nice list. Enjoyed reading.

Mine are up here.

Lucy's Dilemma said...

Nice list! :) My mom and dad snorkled the great barried reef and my dad scraped his knuckle on the coral....and it began to GROW in there! Eww!

I'm Up!

Mandi said...

My 13 is UP!
But i have no clue how to add the link here. Doh!

Killired said...

wow! that is very impressive! how did you get to do all this wonderful stuff? and I'm WAYYYY jealous of your own, personal T13 banner! I want one!
thanks for leaving a comment on my T13... i too found a fellow TT'er on blogmad today! cool huh? I don't recall seeing you on the T13 blogroll, otherwise I would have been here before!!!! nice to meet you and of course, i LOVE the pink theme!

Shelli said...

Nice to meet you, Carmen! I am a huge Country music fan. If you go here you can see my current favorites.

Thanks for coming by my 13 yesterday. Sorry it took me a bit to get here. I was working.

You've led an interesting life so far.